Winter Walk Day 2020
- Published: January 09 2020 15:40
For more information on this event, please feel free to contact us:
Stephanie Johnstone-Laurette, Youth AT Coordinator
Ready for Rec: Active Play Program
- Published: December 19 2019 15:43
Register online at: halifax.ca/myrec
Call for nominations for the 2020 Provincial Volunteer awards
- Published: November 21 2019 14:29
The call for nominations for the 2020 Provincial Volunteer awards are now open, the deadline is February 25th, 2020.
The 46th Annual Provincial Volunteer Awards will be an exceptional way for the Province of Nova Scotia to say, ‘thank you’ to the many volunteers that contribute to the well-being and vitality of our communities every day.
Nominations forms to nominate a youth or family can be found on the Provincial Volunteer Awards website: http://novascotia.ca/NonProfitSector/ProvincialVolunteerAwards/.
To nominate an individual in your community for a Provincial Volunteer Award, contact your Municipal or Band Office Representative. Those contacts can also be found on the website. For more information, feel free to contact the event organizer, Patsy Henneberry: . Or you can contact Nancy Sheppard at , (902) 424 7642.
Park Leaders Development Program – Fall 2019
- Published: June 12 2019 09:25
- Published: March 08 2019 15:29
Want to Sleep Better, Happy Better or even Poop Better? Then get moving! It’s easy with the new (and FREE!) ParticipACTION app, designed to help you fit physical activity into your busy life and reward you with great prizes. Get the app and see how Everything gets better when you get active.
Aboriginal Coaching Module
- Published: February 11 2019 12:43
Modules for coaches of aboriginal athletes is a professional training tool designed for Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal coaches and leaders who work with Aboriginal athletes. The material in the MEAA has been developed to meet the following objectives:
• to understand the role of sport in Aboriginal communities;
• Understand and influence the community from which the athletes you train come from
• adopt a holistic approach to coaching that transcends the physical dimension of the person and
takes into account their mental (intellectual and emotional), spiritual and cultural dimensions;
• to respond to racism in sport;
• establish a code of conduct for your team that respects differences and addresses racism;
• to help young people adopt healthy lifestyle habits.