Recreation Nova Scotia has partnered with BrokerLink Insurance to provide members with preferred insurance rates on home and auto insurance through their group insurance program.
Who is insured?
All members of your organization, including executives, managers, coaches, trainers, officials, employees and volunteers while acting within the scope of their duties on your behalf. These persons are protected should they be named in an action for bodily injury or property damage to a third party. They are not insured for injury to themselves or their property.
Who is not insured?
The policy is not designed to cover special events such as sports days, festivals or similar short-term activities where these activities are singular and not part of an ongoing program.
What is covered?
The policy will pay those sums that the insured becomes legally obligated to pay as compensatory damages because of bodily injury to or damage to property of others, such as spectators, passersby, property owners and others resulting from your operations or actions.
Coverage includes your legal liability for injury to participants, including the following extensions:
- Premises, Property and Operations
- Products and Completed Operations
- Blanket Contractual
- Personal Injury (libel and slander)
- Employees and Additional Insured
- Cross Liability
- Non-Owned Automobile (in most cases)
- Tenants Legal Liability
What is not covered?
- Negligence resulting in bodily injury or property damage involving watercraft, aircraft, automobiles, or vehicles in a race
- Property Damage to premises or equipment in the care, custody or control of the member group (except as covered under the “Tenants Legal Liability” section of the policy - up to a limit of $250,000 to $500,000)
- All activities involving the serving and sale of alcoholic beverages
- Situations involving any type of abuse or harassment
How to apply
Complete the Recreation Nova Scotia: Application for Liability Insurance form to find out about eligibility and your premium.
You will be taken directly to BrokerLink Insurance and they will collect all information needed and payment once the member group agrees on the premium.
Please note: When you are applying for insurance through BrokerLink, you do not have to apply for RNS membership separately – all information and fees are collected through this new method.
Organizations looking for “Special Events Insurance” are encouraged to contact their local insurance company as this coverage is no longer offered.
Limits of coverage
There is a limit of $2,000,000 for bodily injury or property damage arising out of one occurrence. Also, Broad Form Tenants Fire Legal Liability for $250,000, medical payments coverage – $1,000 per person, and other extensions as per the master policy. RNS carries the master policy from April 1st to March 31st. However, should you join between these dates, your coverage will still expire on March 31st. There is no reduction in price for applying mid term.