Engage. Play. Get Outside.
Explore Your Nova Scotian Playground.
Laura Johnson, from Halifax, was this year's winner with 50 likes on her fill-in-the-blank! Laura is the new lucky owner of the Riverside 500 bike and accessory pack from our friends at Decathlon Dartmouth!
Laura is most excited to hit the Chain of Lakes Trail with her boyfriend this summer. Have fun Laura!
June is Parks & Recreation Month in Nova Scotia – a time to recognize and celebrate the tremendous contributions recreation is making to our health, well-being and quality of life.
June is Parks & Recreation Month (JPRM) is back for 2023 and this year we want everyone to engage, play and get outside to explore our beautiful playground we call home. This year we'll be highlighting the social, economical, development, and spiritual benefits of recreation, highlighting some of Nova Scotia's favorite parks, trails, and recreational activities, highlighting events across the province and hosting a fill-in-the-blanks contest on Facebook for a chance to win a Riverside 500 bike and accessory pack from our friends at Decathlon Dartmouth!
While this year may look a little different, we encourage you to explore your own backyards and follow all regulations in place untill June 25 across the province.
Contest now closed.
Win prizes by heading to our Facebook page and filling in the blanks in the comments of the pinned post!
- Head to our Facebook page and fill in the blanks in the comments on our Facebook post (pinned to the top of the page)
- Get likes on your comment to boost your chances of winning!
- The fill-in-the-blanks with the most likes will win!
To qualify for the contest:
- You must be following RNS on social (FB or IN)
- Fill-in-the-blanks submissions and likes must be in by noon on June 30
- The winners will be announced on July 7, 2023, at noon
- One entry (comment) per person
- You may like as many others as you wish. Liking your own comment will not count
We want to see how you celebrate! Use #JPRM2023 #RecNS
By entering the contest, entrants agree that photos submitted can be used by Recreation Nova Scotia for communications/marketing purposes.
Has your municipal council officially proclaimed June as Parks & Recreation Month? pdf Here's a sample proclamation. (112 KB)
Important dates and community events:
- June 1 - JPRM Kick off and contest launched
- June 3 - International Trails Day
- June 21 - Indigenous Peopls Day
- June 27 - Canada Multiculturalism Day
- June 30 - Contest closes at noon
- July 7 - Winners announced
Whether you plan to organize special events or highlight existing activities during this month, send the details to
Stay up to date by following us on social!