The Recreation Nova Scotia (RNS) awards were initiated to pay tribute to those exceptional individuals, organizations, facilities and communities who, through their efforts and skills, made outstanding contributions towards the betterment of the recreation movement in Nova Scotia.
2020 Award Nominations are Now Open!
Do you know someone or an organization who deserves recognition for their impact in the recreation field? Complete the 2020 nominations form: Recreation Nova Scotia Awards 2020 Nominations Form
The 2019 RNS Awards took place Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at the Best Western Truro - Glengarry during Recreation Nova Scotia’s annual conference with Peter McCracken as our host and special guest performer, Céline Thimot.
A special congratulations to all award recipients.
- Bluenose Award - Colter Simmonds
- Bluenose Award - Truro Run Tribe
- High FIVE® Trainer Excellence - Seana Jewer
- Innovation – HRM's Active for Life Committee
- Innovation – Girls on Boards
- Mayflower – Chedabucto Lifestyle Complex
- Mayflower – The Yarmouth County Trail Development Association
- The Natural Environment Award - Jordan Smith, MPAL for Glooscap First Nation
- The Natural Environment Award - Peter Steiner, Owner of Cobequid Consulting
- The Natural Environment Award - Garnet McLaughlin, Pollinator Project Coordinator for Confederacy of Mainland Mi’kmaq
- Professional Achievement Award - Craig Burgees
- Honourary Life Membership Award - Dr. Brenda Robertson
Special thanks to our 2019 Awards Committee for selecting Award Recipients and their recent review of the awards process. Our Committee was comprised of:
- Rae Gunn
- Josh Rivera Nicholson
- Cara Sunderland