The Recreation Nova Scotia (RNS) awards were initiated to pay tribute to those exceptional individuals, organizations, facilities and communities who, through their efforts and skills, made outstanding contributions towards the betterment of the recreation movement in Nova Scotia.
The 2018 RNS Awards took place Thursday, October 25, 2018 at Oak Island Resort during Recreation Nova Scotia’s 21th annual conference with Dawn Stegen as our host and special guest performer, Taelor Bent.
A special congratulations to all award recipients.
- President's Award - Dawn Stegen
- Bluenose Award - Bud Brown & Dodie Goodwin
- Bluenose Award - Guysborough County 55+ Games
- High FIVE® Trainer Excellence - Damion Stapledon
- Innovation – Canadian Association for Community Living & Royal Canadian Legion Branch 59
- Mayflower – Valley Recreation
- The Natural Environment Award - Flying Squirrel Adventures
- The Natural Environment Award - Oakdene Park, Town of Kentville
Special thanks to our 2018 Awards Committee for selecting Award Recipients and their recent review of the awards process. Our Committee was comprised of:
- Brendon Smithson, Sport Consultant, NS Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage
- Krista Dove, Recreation Area Coordinator, Cape Breton Regional Municipality
- Charlotte MacDonald, Recreation Area Coordinator, Cape Breton Regional Municipality
2019 Award Nominations are Now Open!
Do you know someone or an organization who deserves recognition for their impact in the recreation field? Read form for details and to fill out: