We invite you to become a member of Recreation Nova Scotia – Nova Scotia’s leading recreation association. Recreation Nova Scotia plays an important role in serving its members as the voice of recreation and leisure in matters of concern to all of us.
Membership in Recreation Nova Scotia will appeal to recreation practitioners, elected officials, community groups, students and volunteers, government departments and corporations who are committed to building healthier futures through the promotion of the benefits and values of recreation.
We welcome your input and participation as we work to provide opportunities where our members can meet, exchange views or new ideas, and participate in training and networking activities. We are always interested in the opinions of our members and how we can better serve you better.
- Access to a group of diverse members to expand your contacts such as recreation practitioners and others in the sector
- Consultation and support when developing ideas, programs, and projects through committee work
- Access to government at all levels: having your views and concerns brought forward as Recreation Nova Scotia speaks to the government on your behalf
- Opportunities to serve on various committees and task forces whose mandates are to address concerns related to recreation and leisure, and healthier communities
- Various member discounts on merchandise
- Multiple communication sources (social media, website and newsletters and related information to the sector including employment and funding opportunities).
- Professional development opportunities through workshops, trainings, and the RNS Annual Conference - at reduced fees
- Access to general liability insurance
- Membership with CPRA including discounts on programs and services
- Voting privileges as per your membership category