1) Select “Invoice” in the applicable box below if you wish to have an invoice e-mailed to the primary contact for the membership.
2) Select “Pay Online” in the applicable box below if you wish to pay your membership fees online with a credit card or PayPal account (A “Pay Now” button will appear on the following page).
As a member, the municipality can name staff and elected officials as municipal members – provide names and emails below.
Municipal membership includes:
- Membership for all recreation employees, recreation committee members, and elected officials.
- Complimentary registration to the Annual Recreation Nova Scotia Conference – one or two depending in the population size.
- Receive weekly ebulletins highlighting current trends, legislation, research, resources, events, and new initiatives.
- Access to position statements and policy documents.
- Opportunity to recognize individuals and organizations in the parks and recreation community through the RNS Awards program.
- Access to the James Bayer Bursary for tuition and professional development.
- The right to vote on issues, hold office, and elect a board of directors.
We envision a province in which everyone, regardless of race, gender, age, creed, colour, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, or socio-economic circumstance, is engaged in meaningful, accessible recreation experiences that foster:
- Individual wellbeing: Individuals with optimal mental and physical wellbeing, who are engaged and contributing members of their families and communities
- Community wellbeing: Communities that are healthy, inclusive, welcoming, resilient and sustainable
- The wellbeing of our natural and built environments: Environments that are appreciated, nurtured and sustained.